Effective Date: February 6th 2021
Updated: February 6th 2021
We advise you to carefully review these Terms (“Terms”), as they include important information about your rights, remedies, and liabilities and obligations in relation the access and use of JobHike website and services.
2. Who can use JobHike Website and Services
The Website and Services are intended to be accessed and used by individuals above the age 18.
By accessing the Website or Services, you warrant that you are eligible to enter into legally binding contractual relationships and are not prohibited from accessing or using the website or services under any applicable laws.
By accessing and using the Website or Services, you agree that you have read and understood the Terms and agree to be bound by the Terms to govern your access and use of the Website and Services. If you do not agree to be subject to these Terms, you must not access or use the Website or Services and are barred from accessing the Website and the Services.
3. Modification to the Terms
JobHike reserves the exclusive right to modify these Terms in whole or in part at any time unilaterally. If JobHike modifies these Terms, we will provide you with notification about such changes such as via sending an email, putting up a notice on our Website or updating the date at the top of these Terms. By continuing to access and use the Website or Services, you will confirm that you have read, understood and have accepted the revised Terms. You are encouraged to frequently check these Terms to ensure that you are aware of changes and you fully understand them and their effects on your access and use of website or services. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must immediately cease to access or use the Website and Services. Changed Terms will be demonstrated by the “effective date” at the top left section of this agreement.
JobHike website and Services is provided on “as is” basis without any express or implied warranty.
JobHike disclaims any and all kinds of warranties, representations and conditions of fitness for a specific purpose, merchantability and satisfactory quality arising out of the usage of the website or the Services.
Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude your liability for misinterpreting the information displayed on the website;
- limit your liabilities under any applicable law to any extent;
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
(a) are subject to the preceding paragraph;
(b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Neither Jobhike nor its licensors or suppliers warrant that the website or the services will meet your requirements or that the operation of the website or the services will be uninterrupted, error-free, safe or secure.
Disclaimer for the benefits of the Services:
JobHike does not and cannot guarantee under any circumstances that your use of data to contact / network will result in you being hired or being interviewed or in bringing any benefits to you. JobHike does not guarantee any metric of success.
Responsibility for damage. You agree that you bear the risk for your access to and use of the Website or Services and you shall not hold JobHike or its licensors or suppliers liable for any damage or harm arising out of or in connection with your access to or your use of website or Services.
Responsibility for own actions. You agree that you bear full legal liability for damages or loss incurred by other website visitors or third parties arising out of your remarks, information, feedback or other content made available on the website or through the use of the services that is deemed legally actionable.
5. Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms the following definitions apply unless otherwise stated:
“Business Day” means a day (other than a Friday, Saturday or public holiday) when banks in UAE are open for business.
“Contract” means the contract between JobHike and the Client for the provision of Services governed by these Terms and the Order submitted by customer.
“Client” means the individual who purchases Services from JokHike and whose details are provided in the Order.
“Force Majeure Event” means an event beyond the reasonable control of either party, including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, epidemic, pandemic, lockdowns, riot, uprising, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means all patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trademarks, service marks, trade, business and domain names, rights in trade dress or get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database right, topography rights, moral rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world.
“Order” means the order placed by the Client through the Website’s order form.
“Order Form” means a quotation provided at any given time on the Website adjacent to the required details of the Client in the form, to which the Client submits, and which, together with these Terms shall form a binding contract between the client and the JobHike.
“Services” means the services JobHike will provide to the Client as set out in the Order placed by the client.
“Specification” means the description or specification of the Services in the Order.
“VAT” means value added tax chargeable under the international law for the time being and any similar additional tax.
A reference to a statute or statutory provision should be assumed as a reference to the amended or re-enacted version of the said statue. A reference to a statute or statutory provision also covers any subordinate legislation made based on that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted.
6. The Contract Between the Client and JobHike
JobHike is a DaaS (Data as a Service) platform enabling jobseekers to dramatically improve their efforts of effectively promoting and marketing themselves to the right people in businesses all over the world. We do this by offering access to high quality business data that is tailored for all customers. JobHike uses Artificial Intelligence to aggregate publicly available data from multiple online sources and centralize it into relevant information for jobseekers. All information is publicly available, but scattered across different platforms, making it hard for jobseekers to centralize such data and be able to get hired.
The Order constitutes an offer by the Client to purchase the Services in accordance with these Terms. The Client bears responsibility to ensure that the terms of the Order and any relevant specification made by the Client are complete and accurate.
The Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when JobHike issues a written acceptance of the Order, or when JobHike has provided the contracted Services having received the Order, whichever happens first.
The Order, alongside these Terms constitutes the entire agreement between JobHike to provide the Services to the Client and for the Client to purchase those Services, and governs the access and use of the Services.
The Client acknowledges and bears responsibility that that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of JobHike which is not expressed or referred to in the Order.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all prices shall exclude VAT and other duties in calculations. In the event that new taxes, fees or duties are introduced or changed after an order is placed, JobHike shall be entitled to modify the agreed prices accordingly.
JobHike shall invoice the Client upon the placement of the Order.
The price that shall be paid for the order by the Client is outlined here and also visible to the Client at the order page.
The Client shall pay all amounts due under the Order in full without any deduction or withholding and the Client shall not be entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against JobHike in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
The Order will be delivered to the Client within 24- 48 hours depending on the Service selected. A non-paid Order will be deleted within 48 hours.
8. Code of Conduct
This section sets forth the JobHike Code of Conduct (the “Code”). All Website visitors and users of JobHike Services must fully comply with this Code at all times. By agreeing to these Terms and by entering into a contract with JobHike, you warrant that you will follow this Code and not violate it.
Restrictions on inputting Information. You shall not provide illegal, inappropriate, inaccurate or improper information into the Website or in or through the use of the Services, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Information that you do not own the required rights and/or licenses to disclose/provide.
- Information that is false, inaccurate, incomplete, obsolete or otherwise wrong;
- Information subject to confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-competition, trade secret, or other legal or contractual limitations or restrictions;
- Information that is in violation of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others;
- Information that is personal or non-relevant to business, including, home addresses, Social Security numbers, health records, and credit card numbers;
- Mobile or cellular phone numbers;
- Information that is sexually explicit, profane, pornographic, immoral, obscene, vulgar, offensive, inflammatory, violent, dangerous, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or which may solicit information from anyone under the age of 18;
- Information that is defamatory, libellous, fraudulent, deliberately false and/or misleading, or that invades privacy or publicity rights of other individuals;
- Information that advocates, encourages or endorses acts that may constitute a criminal offense under any applicable law;
- Information that may be legally actionable or may subject JobHike to legal action or liability of any kind such as legal liability;
- Information that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation, or convention; or
- Information that is in violation of any provision contained within this Agreement or any other agreement or policy set forth by JobHike.
Use of Information Obtained via Website/Services and prohibited acts on the personal data provided:
As part of its Services, JobHike provides with its clients’ personal data such as names, phone numbers, employment history, business e-mail addresses and public social media profile addresses such as LinkedIn addresses.
This personal data shall exclusively be used for the purposes of contacting, communicating and networking with the relevant individual. Use, storage or sharing of such data for any other purposes or in any other manner is strictly prohibited and is in violation of these Terms and the agreement between the Client and JobHike.
While JobHike has no actual control over your use of information outside the Website, you shall not access the Website or Services for any purposes or in any manner that is illegal, unethical, improper or contrary to these Terms and the agreement, including, but not limited to, the following:
- For any purpose, activity or in any manner that violates any local, state, national or international laws, rules, regulations or conventions or that is illegal or criminal under any jurisdiction;
- To ‘spam’ anyone or to sell, disclose give access to or make available information to a spammer or for the purpose of spamming in an illegal, unethical or improper manner;
- For any type of marketing activities;
- To communicate with the relevant individuals in an abusive, unprofessional and irritating manner that does not conform to the accepted standards of business communication;
- To communicate with the individuals whose data is provided by using language or in any manner that is sexually explicit, profane, pornographic, immoral, obscene, vulgar, offensive, violent, dangerous, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- To share the personal data obtained with third parties or on other platforms;
- To collect, curate or compile information that is sold, made available to, rented to or distributed to in any manner or form to any third-party;
- For sale, re-sale, sub-license, commercial use, or redistribution of any kind, without JobHike’s express, prior consent.
Acts against the Website/Services
You are prohibited from attempting to or engaging in any potentially harmful, illegal or unethical acts that are directed against the JobHike Website or Services including, without limitation, the following:
- Accessing or using the Website or Services in violation of any other agreement to which you are a party, including but not limited to:
- Any employment agreement to which you may be a party;
- Emulating or faking usage of the Website or Services;
- Breaching or attempting to breach any security features of the Website or Services;
- Employing manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any pages contained on the Website;
- Falsifying, or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity or providing misleading information therewith;
- Inserting viruses, worms, software, Trojan horses or other similar harmful code or software into the Website or Services;
- Interfering or attempting to interfere with the access to or use of the Website or Services by any other user, host or network, including, but not limited to, by means of submitting a virus, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing” the Website;
- Taking part in using, allowing or assisting machines, bots or automated services to gain access to or use the Website or Services without the express written consent of JobHike;
- Tampering with the proper operation, of the Website or Services or with their functionalities or security;
- Any attempt to override or circumvent any security or usage rules incorporated into the Website or Services that permit digital materials to be protected;
- Any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Website, or any associated system or network, or breach any security or authentication measures put in place;
- Misusing, deceiving, disrupting, tampering with or otherwise interfering with the smooth functioning of the Website or Services;
- Collecting email addresses, names or other contact information of other users from the Website by electronic or other means;
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, deciphering or otherwise attempting to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Website or Services;
- Without JobHike’s prior, express consent, advertising or selling any services or otherwise (whether or not for profit) or soliciting others or using the Website for commercial purposes of any kind.
Suspected Misuse and Penalties
JobHike may monitor and inspect the Website and Services for misuse of the Code.
JobHike shall have the exclusive authority and power to inspect, review and detect and punish and suspected Code violations.
If JobHike decides that there is a violation, and without limiting any of its other remedies, JobHike reserves the right to immediately and without notice:
- Delete or modify content;
- Suspend, delete or terminate your account;
- Identify you and disclose your actions to third parties;
- Take legal action.
The Client further acknowledges that the Services may contain information which is designated confidential by JobHike and that they shall not disclose such information without JobHike’s prior written consent.
The Service Provider must not, without prior written consent from JobHike:
- Republish material from https://job-hike.com/
- Sell, rent or sub-license materials from https://job-hike.com/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://job-hike.com/
- Redistribute content from https://job-hike.com/
Exception to the above rules: Service Providers and other third parties are able to share JobHike’s Blogs and Articles.
JobHike intends to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of this Agreement or of any applicable laws. JobHike reserves the right to seek civil, criminal or injunctive relief, at its sole discretion and without obligation, to enforce this Code.
9. Your Creative Content
The JobHike Website allows you to post content in the form of messages, comments, links images, text, photos, graphics, audio, video or other kinds of material (“Your Creative Content”) through interactive features such as its live chat feature.
While you retain all your propriety rights over Your Creative Content, you hereby agree grant JobHike a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide transferable, non-exclusive and license to view, store, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display Your Creative Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, and to exercise the same rights with respect to such works.
You will not get paid any compensation regarding Your Creative Content.
You bear responsibility to create backup copies of Your Creative Content and the JobHike is not responsible to create or store copies of Your Creative Content.
You agree that JobHike is not under any duty of confidentiality, whether express or implied, with regard to Your Creative Content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise exert control over all rights to Your Creative Content, that it is not in violation of the intellectual property rights of a third party you will indemnify JobHike and its service providers for all claims or disputes arising out of Your Creative Content.
JobHike is not liable for any statements, representations, or omissions displayed Your (or other Visitors’) Creative Content.
Any opinions, advice, purported facts, or recommendations expressed on the Website belongs to Visitors who make them, and is not owned by, created by or endorsed by JobHike.
Likewise, you will assume full responsibility to exercise due care when posting Your Creative Content or accessing or using the JobHike Website or Services, particularly but not limited to, your privacy, safety and other concerns.
10. Intellectual Property
The Website and all content and materials located thereon, including without limitation any JobHike names and logos, the Services, Directory, designs, text, graphics and other files, and the selection, arrangement and organization thereof, are the intellectual property of JobHike or its licensors.
Except explicitly provided to the contrary, the Website or this Agreement does not vest in you any right or interest over such content or materials. The Website is the property of JobHike LLC and ALL RIGHTS RESERVED JobHike.
As JobHike asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, JobHike respects the intellectual property rights of others. You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices which may be affixed to or contained within the Services. Likewise, if you believe on reasonable grounds that your rights or the rights of a third party have been infringed and you want JobHike to take action against the infringing acts, you should contact JobHike at email@example.com.
11. Limitation of Liability
You agree that neither JobHike, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, nor its licensors or suppliers, bears any legal responsibility arising out of or in connection with your access to or your use of the website or the services.
JobHike is not and cannot be held responsible for the actions of third-parties (including other visitors), and you warrant that you will not hold JobHike, its directors, officers, employees and agents liable for any claims, loss and damages, arising from any claim you may raise against such third-parties.
The liability of JobHike, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, and its licensors and suppliers, is limited to the maximum extent possible as set by law, and JobHike, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, or its licensors or suppliers shall not be held liable for any kind of incidental, punitive or consequential damages (including, but not limited to: lost profits, lost data or confidential or other information, loss of privacy) arising out of or in connection with your access to or your use of the website or services under no circumstances.
This limitation shall apply irrespective of the type of damages, whether it is breach of contract, tort, or form of action.
Additionally, the maximum amount payable to you by JobHike, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, and its licensors and suppliers to you shall not exceed 500.00 AED or the amount you have paid JobHike for the access to and use of Services in the last 12 months.
You agree to indemnify JobHike, its directors, officers, employees and agents, and its suppliers, licensors, and service providers, for any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively, “Claims”), arising out of or in connection with:
(a) your access to or your use of the Website or Services;
(b) any violation of this Agreement on your part (including, without limitation, the Code);
(c) your violation of any law, regulation or the rights of any third party.
13. Refund & Cancellation Policy
JobHike applies a 15 days refund policy from the date on which you have made the order.
Whereas the Client shall be entitled to a full refund at any time without any limitations whatsoever, JobHike reserves the right to refuse refund requests if a refund request is without merits or is made deceitfully or dishonestly. The Client shall submit its refund request via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this e-mail, the Client shall provide a reason for the request. JobHike aims to fulfill refund requests within one month at the latest. The refund will be made in the same manner the original payment is made to submit an order.
14. Disclaimer of Affiliation With any Brands or Businesses That we may Help you Contact
As part of our services, we strive to provide you with the relevant business data of relevant individuals in various businesses, including the brands that you may see on our website.
There is no affiliation, cooperation, partnership or any other kind of implied or explicit agreement between JobHike or these brands or any other businesses.
JobHike provide you with the relevant business data based on a variety of factors such as the position you are looking for or your preferred location. Therefore, we cannot guarantee to you that you will be provided with a pre-determined list of relevant individuals from certain brands and businesses to contact.
JobHike does not warrant any success benefit or result you may obtain from your contact & networking efforts such as being responded to, being interviewed or being hired.
While JobHike will have the right, to participate in any defence by you against any Claims where you are required to defend or indemnify JobHike, it is not under any obligation to do so. You cannot settle any Claims without obtaining the prior written consent of the concerned JobHike person to the extent as permitted by the applicable law.
15. Third-Party Links
On JobHike’s Website, there are links to websites operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”). JobHike does not exert any control over such websites and disclaims all liability for any harm, whether to you or to any other third party, arising from your access to or your use of the Third-Party sites.
We encourage you to take all necessary precautions and act in due care to avoid any loss, damage or harm while accessing, using or downloading any material from such Third-Party websites.
16. Deletion of Personal Data Provided to the Clients
JobHike may request the Client to permanently erase personal data it has received when the contract terminates or when there are legal grounds to do so under the applicable laws.
(a) Termination by You
You may terminate this Agreement at any time, without having to give a reason, by providing JobHike with a written notice of your intent to do so by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
(b) Termination by JobHike
JobHike may terminate this Agreement immediately without notice or liability. JobHike also reserves the right to deny, suspend, or cancel your access to or use of the Website or Services, including but not limited to, on grounds of breach or suspected breach of this Agreement or of any applicable law or regulation.
Effect of Termination; Survival. Termination of the Agreement will result in your loss of authorization to the access to and use of the Website and Services.
18. Dispute Resolution
For any dispute or objections regarding these Terms and the contract between the parties, parties should first attempt to resolve the dispute amicably and informally between themselves without resorting to judicial remedies.
If the parties cannot settle the dispute amicable and informally, then each party can resort to judicial remedies.
Any dispute or claim in connection with or arising out of these Terms and the contract between the parties shall be governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates and shall be decided by the courts located in the United Arab Emirates.
19. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be held liable for a Force Majeure Event and any failure to perform the contractual obligations due to the force majeure should not be deemed as breach of contract.
When one party finds out that a Force Majeure Event has occurred, such party shall immediately inform the other party of the Force Majeure Event.
Irrespective of the other provisions of the these Terms, each party shall be entitled to terminate the Contract without incurring any liability to the other by providing a written notice to the other party if the performance of the obligations arising out of the contract is impeded for more than 7 days due to the Force Majeure.
21. Governing Law
These Terms and the contract between the users & Clients and Jobhike is governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates, excluding its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute or action arising out of or in relation to this site or services provided thereof shall be determined under United Arab Emirates Law.
JobHike’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed as a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms become invalid or unenforceable, then only that relevant provision shall be severed from the Agreement and the remaining provisions of the agreement shall remain valid and in full effect.
Neither the course of conduct and/or course of dealing between the parties nor trade practice shall be construed as modification of any provision of this Agreement in part or in whole.
JobHike may assign, licence or sell its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you. Your rights and duties under this Agreement are not assignable by you without obtaining the written and explicit consent of Jobhike.
Headings shall not be taken into account in the interpretation of these Terms.
This Agreement, along with your order details, and any other signed writing between you and JobHike regarding the Services provided to you, constitutes the entire contractual rules between you and JobHike and supersedes the applicability of any prior communications or provisions.
For any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns, or if you would like to provide any notice under this Agreement, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.