Effective Date: February 6th 2021
Updated: February 6th 2021
JobHike LLC (“JobHike”, “us”, “we”, or “our”)
1. About JobHike
JobHike is a DaaS (Data as a Service) platform providing job seekers with accurate company contact data of individuals in key roles all around the world so that they can contact, communicate and network more effectively with the right people (decision makers, influencers, champions etc.) in industries and companies all around the world. We achieve this by offering job seekers access to accurate and up-to date business data such as professional e-mail addresses and LinkedIn account links that are tailored to the particular needs of our customers. By offering this service, we aim to streamline the job seeking and hiring processes for both job seekers and hiring companies. We fill a gap in the market by connecting eager and qualified job seekers with the relevant individuals in companies actively seeking employee candidates to fill in specific roles.
2. Commitment to Privacy
- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information, and lawful bases we rely on for doing so;
- The choices we offer, including access to rectify and update your information.
For the purposes of the processing of your Personal Information, JobHike is the Data Controller and you are the data subject.
Your privacy matters to us at JobHike, so please take the time to get to know our practices, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you want to check if your personal data is contained within one of our systems then please inquire visiting our ‘‘Managing your data’’ page.
3. Information That JobHike may Collect About you
JobHike’s services rely on collecting Personal Information from publicly available sources. We use this Information to draft our customer reports customized to their specific needs.
We may collect the following User Information About you:
Personal Information you provide to us
You may provide us with your Personal Information directly, for example when you fill out forms or register on our web site, rate our services, share information via our social media functions, enter into one of our promotions, or surveys, or report a problem with our services. The Personal Information you provide us may include your:
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Position/Job Title
- Your employment history
Information we collect automatically
When you use our services, we may collect information through your use of our services. This information helps us offer better services to our customers. Information that we collect automatically may include:
When you use our services or view JobHike content, we may automatically receive and record certain details about how you use our services, and we may store such information in our server logs. Such information may include but may not limited to:
- Details about your search queries.
- Internet protocol addresses.
Cookies and other similar technologies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. For example, cookies can be used to collect information about your use of the services during your current session and over time (including the web pages you view, how you interact with different web pages and the files you download), your operating system and browser type, your internet service provider, your domain name and IP address, the website that you visited before our website, and the link that you use to leave our website. If you have concerns or objections about having cookies on your computer, you can customize your browser settings to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the JobHike service or web site may not operate properly.
Web Beacons – the web pages you use or the emails that you receive from JobHike may use an application called a “Web Beacon” (also commonly referred to as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). Web Beacons are embedded into emails or web pages to collect and transfer data which could include Personal Information. For example, a Web Beacon could determine when and if a user has opened a specific email or how she/he interacted with that email.
Precise Location Information
We may collect precise location information about your actual location when you use our services. We may collect this location information through GPS, IP address, Wi-Fi access points, and other various technologies or sensors that might disclose your precise location via collecting information on devices, network services or other access points.
Third Party Information JobHike receives from external sources
4. How we Process User Information
We may use the information we collect for any of the following general purposes:
- To safeguard, provide and improve our services.
- To create new services for you.
- To offer you an optimized and personalized user experience through personalized content.
- To streamline your account throughout the devices that you use, in order to provide a consistent and reliable service to you.
Alongside those general purposes, Personal Information we collect about you may be used for the following specific purposes:
To provide our services to you
- We use Personal Information about you to provide our services to you and to improve our services.
- We use your Personal Information to contact you about our services and we may also use this information to send emails, text messages or to make telephone calls directly to you. Our direct communications with you include, but are not limited to, notifications about our services or changes made to our services (this includes important information that may have potential effects on you), reminders about use of our services, information about our current promotions you may benefit from and information about the current features of our services. These communications include advertising messages, such as banner ads and other special promotions.
Advertising and marketing purposes
- In accordance with the applicable law, we may use your Personal Information to deliver marketing communications to you and to provide you with information that may interest you. These communications include, but not limited to, products and services marketed to you through email and other forms of messaging. To opt out of receiving email marketing communications from JobHike please email us at email@example.com.
- We may use and share your Personal Information to comply with laws and regulations, including sharing information with the appropriate regulatory authorities (in particular, data protection authorities), to resolve any compliance issues regarding the processing of your Personal Information that we cannot resolve directly with our users.
- JobHike reserves the right to use or disclose your Personal Information (or Other Information as explained above) provided, if we are required to do so by law or if JobHike believes to a reasonable extent that such use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
Other Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
We use Other Information about you to efficiently manage our services we provide to you, to ensure the proper functioning of certain features of our services and to generally operate our business.
We use Other Information to analyse how users engage with our services such as our website. This helps us improve our services provided to you and allows us to conduct additional or further analytics and research regarding our services.
Other permitted purposes
As far as permitted by any applicable law, we may use Other Information we collect for any additional purposes in connection with the services that we are providing to you, including any purpose that we use your Personal Information, as described in this section.
We only store, use and process your personal data so long as it is necessary and relevant to the purposes stated in this document. We keep personal information collected from public sources for one year following the first disclosure of your personal data to our customers. However, we may retain your data for longer subject to legal and regulatory obligations.
5. How we Share User Information With Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for several purposes as set out below:
Third party service providers
We may share your Personal Information with our agents, participating information providers, representatives, contractors and other service providers. The services we receive from those providers include support services such as email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, and fulfillment of orders.
Direct sharing and public forums
JobHike may provide public bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on our web site. JobHike would like to warn you that Any Personal Information you submit to any such forum may be read, collected, or used by others (the public) who peruse these forums, and may use your personal information to send you unsolicited messages. JobHike does not acknowledge any responsibility for the Personal Information you may submit in these forums, or any consequences arising from your disclosure of such information.
JobHike may post a list of customer testimonials and/or endorsements on our web site that may contain personal information such as identities or position of customer. JobHike shall obtain each personal customer consent prior to posting any personal information on such a list or posting testimonials.
Third party plugins
Sharing personal information for business analytics purposes
As explained above, we may collect personal information for business analytics purposes and we may partner with certain organizations that will help us engage in the analysis, auditing, researching and reporting of such information. In particular, these business partners may use log information, web beacons, cookies or similar technologies on your browser or device.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any Personal Information (or Other Information) provided, if required by law or if JobHike believes with reasonable degree of certainty that use or disclosure of personal information is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
From time to time, JobHike may also share anonymized and aggregated/grouped information about users of our services, such as by publishing a report or providing information to our business partners on trends and patterns in the usage of our services and information related to the demographics of users of our services.
6. Your Rights
JobHike would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- Informed: You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it.
- Access: You may request to see and obtain copies of the personal data we have about you and whether we process your data;
- Rectification: You may request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data that we have about you;
- Be Forgotten: From 25th May 2018, in certain circumstances you may (unless other grounds set forth in the law applies) exercise your right to be forgotten (have your personal data erased);
- Restriction: You may request to restrict the processing of your data because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or objections against its legitimate usage – i.e. requesting that we do not process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We can do this by keeping a single record of your data on a suppression list;
- Object: You may raise objections to our processing of your personal data if we are relying on legitimate interest as the lawful ground for data processing; and
- Portability: If applicable, you may ask for your personal data be transferred to another organization.
7. Accessing Personal Information
JobHike provides you with the ability to see, update or delete (or restrict the processing of) personal information that we may have collected and used about you you.
- If you want to check if your personal data is stored within one of our databases, then please inquire by visiting our ‘‘Managing your data’’ page.
- If we determine that we store your personal information within our databases, we will inform you via an email to confirm what data is stored about you. You will have an option to exercise your rights to restrict processing or ask for your data be removed from our systems.
- JobHike’s databases will then be updated in accordance with the changes you requested.
If you have any further inquiries about such rights, please contact us here firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Transfer and Storage of Information Outside of the EEA
Information collected by JobHike about you may be transferred to, and/or stored at, a location outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such transfer and storage of information outside the EEA may involve:
- Processing by staff members operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers.
- Staff who are tasked with the fulfillment of your request, order or reservation, processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services outside of the EEA.
- Making reasonable efforts to ensure that there are adequate measures and safeguards in place to protect your data.
9. Data Security
JobHike uses all commercially reasonable and state-of-the-art electronic, physical and procedural protective measures to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access, loss or modification. Unfortunately, no security system is one hundred percent secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee one hundred percent security for your data even though we make the best efforts to do so.
Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above, and we will use our best endeavors to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use all reasonable efforts to try to prevent unauthorized access.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
10. Application and Third Party Links
JobHike’s web sites may contain links to other web sites. The information practices or the content of such other web sites are governed by the privacy policies of such other web sites. JobHike do not acknowledge any responsibility for the information privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those web sites to understand their information practices and their processing of personal data.
11. Sensitive Information
JobHike does not collect or process any sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.
13. Your use is Consent
14. Changes to This Policy
15. Contacting us