Effective Date: February 6th 2021
Updated: February 6th 2021
Information for California Residents Regarding CCPA
JobHike collects information including Personal Data that could reasonably be associated with California residents/consumers across the following categories from public sources to create professional profiles:
Personal Information Collected
- Business Email Address
- Job Title
- Business Phone Numbers (general and direct)
- Public Social Link
Categories of Sources from which this Personal Information was Collected
- Publicly Available Information
- Directly and indirectly: from JobHike’s customers, partners, and user activity on JobHike’s website
We use your information for several purposes, such as
- Providing our customers with access to a database of accurate and reliable business specific personal information records designed to enable them to contact the right people (decision-makers, influencers, champions, etc.) in organizations all around the world and to network with them more effectively;
- Helping us keep you updated about changes made to the website, its content, our services, and modification made in our policies and other important notifications;
- Enabling you to interact with features or tools on our website such as our live chat function;
- Providing you with our services;
- Improving your user experience;
- Gathering analytics on usage and other statistics to improve features and functionality.
Categories of Third Parties to whom this Personal Information is sold
- JobHike customers
- Service Providers
We will not collect additional personal information other than those specified above or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes with original purposes without providing you prior notice.
Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information to third parties and the Right to Opt-Out
We sell the personal information in our databases collected from public sources to our customers. This database may contain information about consumers’ business personas including name, employer, job title, email address, phone number, office address, social media or professional profile link, and work or educational history.
This information is sold to JobHike’s customers for them to contact, communicate and network with relevant individuals in the relevant businesses for recruitment and job opportunity purposes exclusively and its use is strictly limited to those purposes.
A consumer resident in California has the right to opt-out of the sale of his/her personal information by JobHike by exercising his/her right and submitting a request to remove the consumer’s profile or delete the consumer’s data from JobHike’s database. A consumer may also contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit a request, a consumer or an authorized agent will be required to demonstrate that such a person is in control of an email account associated with the relevant profile. If such a person cannot do so, then we may resort to other methods to verify the identity of a consumer or the authorized third party to exercise the said consumer’s rights on his/her behalf.
For avoidance of doubt, the personal information that will be disclosed and/or sold by JobHike is restricted to business contact information related to that consumer’s profile such as his/her e-mail address, name and position occupied in the relevant company. No sensitive personal information (i.e. Social Security number, passport number, medical records or financial information such as credit card data) is collected, shared, disclosed, or sold by JobHike.
We only store, use and process your personal data so long as it is necessary and relevant to the purposes stated in this document. We keep personal information collected from public sources for one year following the first disclosure of your personal data to our customers. However, we may retain your data for longer subject to legal and regulatory obligations.
Furthermore, we do not collect, disclose or sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
A Consumer’s Other CCPA Rights
The CCPA gives consumers (California residents) specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes a consumer’s CCPA rights and provides details on the exercise of those rights.
Right to Access and Right to Data Portability
A consumer can request that we disclose certain information about the collection, disclosure, sale, and use of that consumer’s personal information. When we receive such a request and verify the consumer’s identity and his/her request’s validity, we will disclose:
- The categories of personal information we collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information about that consumer.
- Our purposes for collecting, storing, disclosing or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share with, disclose to or sell to that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about that consumer.
Right to deletion of personal information
A consumer can exercise his/her right to request the deletion of any of its personal information from JobHike that we have collected and stored, subject to certain exceptions.
Once we receive such as request and verify the validity of it, we will delete (and direct our service providers and/or customers to delete) that consumer’s personal information from our records, unless an exception is applicable.
We may deny to fulfill a consumer’s deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us, our service providers or customers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide goods or services that a consumer requested, take the appropriate actions as anticipated within the context of our business relationship with that consumer, or otherwise perform our contractual obligations with that consumer.
- Detect security incidents, take protective measures against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that hinder the proper functioning of our products or services.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise other rights provided for by law.
- To comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research activities in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethical rules and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the research’s goals if a consumer previously provided informed consent.
- Enable exclusively internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on a consumer’s relationship with JobHike.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Use of the collected personal information lawfully for internal purposes that are compatible with the context in which a consumer provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
By visiting Managing Your Data you can determine if JobHike holds your personal business contact data (we do not disclose or sell personal data such as personal emails, your home address etc.) and you can exercise your right to delete your personal information.
To submit a request to exercise any rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contacting us at email@example.com.
Only a consumer or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that a consumer authorizes to act on a consumer’s behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to a consumer’s personal information.
A consumer may only make a verifiable consumer request for his/her access or data portability rights twice within 12 months. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that enables JobHike to verify that a consumer is the person we collected personal information about to a reasonable degree of certainty or an authorized representative.
- Describe a consumer’s request in sufficient detail that enables JobHike to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot fulfill a consumer’s request or provide that consumer with personal information he/she requested unless we can verify the consumer’s identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information we hold relates to that consumer. We will use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request only to verify the requestor’s identity or authority of the representative to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Verified consumer requests will usually be responded to within 45 days. If it takes more time (up to 90 days), we will notify the consumer about the delay and its reasons electronically. Any disclosures we provide to the consumer will only cover the 12 months preceding the receipt of verified consumer request. If we cannot fulfill a request, we will explain the reasons for this. As for all data portability requests, personal information shall be supplied in a usable format so that a consumer can transfer his/her information from one entity to another without impediment.
Processing and fulfilling a consumer’s verifiable request is free of charge unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we decide that the request warrants a fee, we will provide explanation as to why and provide the consumer with a cost estimate before fulfilling his/her request.
We will not discriminate against a consumer for exercising any CCPA rights.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to make changes and update this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When such change occurs, we will notify you of such changes via appropriate channels.